Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sharing another blog post as I feel it's so true and needs to be shared

I so agree with the author of this blog and what she is saying. I have no problem with sex in books but if that is all there is and the women seem like doormats that is going way over the edge

Here is what she said but I've included the link to her blog if you would like to comment on it


editorial by the blog owner

I value my time, as both a reader and a book blogger. Over the past year I've read a great number of books- most of which I've posted reviews for and maybe more than 100 in which I did not. Why not? Because I refuse to give credit to shoddy writing. I refuse to continue to read books written by authors who obviously hate women. Book after book of female lead characters that are written as brainless doormats, or nothing more sex-bots there to service their men, seriously, I want more than the hero of the book to come home and do nothing but shag his love interest 50 different ways until Sunday. I want a story! A real honest to goodness story, one that makes the sex meaning full and not there to fill a space or word count requirement. Authors who are going on the old adage that "Sex Sells" no longer make MY List. Do I like sex in a story? Yes, but quality writing of a story doesn't depend upon it. It doesn't matter to me if you're a USA Today or NYT Best Seller or a Brand New Indie Author- you either write a story that grabs me by the socks with your story or I'm done! That's the honest truth, I expect quality writing as should we all.

http://californiagirlinma.blogspot.com/2017/05/editorial-by-blog-owner.html?zx=7609e037ef8df041

No comments:

Post a Comment