Sunday, February 7, 2016

She took a piece of my heart

I normally only blog about books on here but I needed somewhere to get this out so here I go On Friday February 5th, 2016 I had to take my oldest dog Abby to the vet. What I thought was an UTI turned out to be cancer and a massive infection. With her age, she was almost 14, the best course of action was to put her to sleep. I wasn't ready for her to leave me yet and I miss her terribly. My husband said to me yesterday "We have other dogs why are you still so sad today?" Well this is why. She was my baby and I believed her to be in excellent health for her age. I'd never actually known a dog for as long as I had Abby I saw her the day she was born as we knew her mother. She was my companion and willing went places with me so I didn't have to go by myself, would always wait patiently for me in the car, no matter how many stops I had that day. Her favorite thing to do when she was younger was to play ball and I remember throwing ball with her till I just got to tired and had to make her rest for a while. It's amazing how much they grow under your heart and when they are gone you don't quite know what to do with yourself when you don't have them to greet you when you come home after a day of work. My husband bought Abby for me about a year after we got married when we decided due to health issues not to have kids so she really was my baby. I know she is better off and not hurting anymore and is free to play ball again but why can't they live longer as it hurts to much when they pass. I will get another dog one of these days but right now I'm waiting for my heart to stop hurting so much. I'm also deciding what shade bush I want to put on her grave site so I can always have a beautiful memory of her. Rest in Peace my brave girl, you are missed and thank you so much for all the joy you brought into my life in the time you were here with me. I always knew I had you to listen to me on my good days and my bad days. You were very much loved. RIP AbbyGayle June 2002 - February 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment